[Fedora-livecd-list] Suggestion: Submenu in isolinux for locales

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Tue Apr 10 20:54:24 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-04-10 at 22:25 +0200, Sebastian Vahl wrote:
> Don't know if this is possible with isolinux: It would be much easier
> for non-english users if they could choose their language at the
> bootmenu. I know that they could attach eg. "live_locale=de_DE.UTF-8".
> But a menu or submenu for non-experienced users would be the best, I
> think.

The problem is that doing this in the bootloader is really not at all
ideal.  You don't have any ability to have a11y and bootloaders suck to
hack on.

This is why the GNOME live CD goes to gdm instead of just doing
automatic login now.  With the facebrowser, you can select the user and
you can also select the language pretty easily

Jeremy