[Fedora-livecd-list] Booting Test Live-cds fails

Ahm ed zrchrn at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 02:53:56 UTC 2007

Hello,
I have tried ALL the Test live-cds (from 1 to 3) And on everyone the
cds have failed to boot up. Apparently something to do with either no
/dev/root or modprobe not finding something. I am told this is related
to the new PATA implementation in the Linux kernel. This is not a
fedora specific bug. However I would have expected their to be a fix
for this in fedora. Especially this long after the bug manifested
itself. Has there been any work on this lately? How far has it gotten?
At this rate Fedora has essentially become useless on my comp. as I
cannot even boot to install it. The only way I know how is to install
a minimal fc6 and upgrade. Which still doesn't fix the problem as I am
force to stick to FC6 kernels. Any news?