[Fedora-livecd-list] Problem creating livecd from a custom config

Vladimir Shebordaev vladimir.shebordaev at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 18:25:45 UTC 2007

Well, Tim,

I meant rather a backport to your current Fedora version.
Anaconda does depend on around 2 dozen packages, so I tried to
incorporate recent changes from livecd-tools-006 fc7 rpm back to
my FC6 a few weeks ago. Everything was almost fine but faulty yum
install root setup broke my host. Afaik, it has been fixed a week
ago. But I doubt those changes have been also made to FC7 LiveCD.

The most recent fc7-test3-6.92 livecd made lots of people scream.
You can also try it. It is available, e.g. from

<ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/test/6.92/Live/>.

You will have an option for i386 or x86_64.

If you managed to boot from the image installed to your hard disk
you will have a chance to update and try fc7 development rpms from

<ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/development/SRPMS/>

or whatever architecture you prefer. livecd-tools are "noarch".

In the hope it helps.

Regards,
Vladimir