[Fedora-livecd-list] Fedora 7 Test 4 GNOME based i386 Live CD - install to HD option + ssh

Jasper Hartline jasperhartline at adelphia.net
Sun Apr 29 10:57:06 UTC 2007

Steve Berry wrote:
> For matters of taste, *I* would prefer SSH  enabled by default, the
> overall public may perfer it. I really don't know. but if no  one
> KNEW, and it was implied
> ssh was enabled by defualt. it would make more sense to enable it on
> defualt.
>
> But since it's not, I suppose disabling it *due to root not having a
> password *(for ease of use) is a pretty good idea..
>
> I had to think about it a bit, but I tend to agree.
>
> In lieu of ssh disabled, it's not impossible to spin off a personal
> livecd with root passworded (custom) and ssh enabled.

If you cannot figure out a way to buid your own LiveCD with SSHD enabled
with livecd-tools
at this stage, you might consider looking into Kadischi. It provides a
services menu after the initial installation
process of the soon-to-be rootfs which allows you to configure the
services you want started, login accounts you would
like to create, and enables you to toggle and configure the firewall to
your needs before the ISO is created.
You can get it from here: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Kadischi

Though, from what I've been told, and I know it should be possible to
easily hack in these features
you actually can enable SSHd and add openssh-server and openssh-clients
as packages.

J. Hartline