[Fedora-livecd-list] Installation of Fedora 7 Test 4 F-6.93 Gnome CD

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 30 14:33:05 UTC 2007

Dear all,

   I have installed F-6.93 Fedora 7 Test 4 onto a
Toshiba laptop via LiveCD.  Everything worked
beautifully.  Upon rebooting, things were looking okay
until I saw the following:

scsi: 1:0:0:0:0:  CD-ROM HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GMA-4082N
dev-mapper:  ioctl: 4.11.0-ioctl (2006-10-12)
initialised:  dm-devel at redhat.com
mount:  could not find filesystem '/dev/root'
setuproot:  moving /dev/ failed:  no such file or
directory
setuproot:  error mounting /proc:  no such file or
directory
setuproot:  mounting /sys:  no such file or directory
switchroot:  mount failed:  no such file or directory
Kernel panic - not syncing:  Attempted to kill init!

Looks like something did not go well while it appeared
everything did.  I should first check with a rescue cd
or install dvd to see that it finds valid filesystem
and then report back.

Regards,

Antonio