[Fedora-livecd-list] RFC- mayflower flexibility enhancements

Douglas McClendon dmc.fedora at filteredperception.org
Mon Aug 13 04:28:13 UTC 2007

Douglas McClendon wrote:
> I have a few changes I'd like to request to mayflower.  I'd like to get
> some feedback before actually laying down the effort of producing patches.

> #3 - optional program, sort of like existing shell cmdline arg
>
> Have a cmdline argument of program= and eprogram= which would cause the
> specified program to be executed.  program= would happen right after the
> current shell, and eprogram would happen right after the current eshell.

Also, #3 would be invoked by an optional argument to mayflower, e.g.
--program

(as always, feel free to suggest better names for things)

Likewise, in the scenario of my persistence patch, presumably an
enable/disable flag (or configfile option somehow) would be passed to
livecd-creator.  Then, if appropriate, the persistence stuff
(findoverlay script, vfat module, ntfsmount and fuse module maybe) would
be added to the resultant livecd initramfs via the mayflower.conf.

-dmc