[Fedora-livecd-list] RFC- mayflower flexibility enhancements

Douglas McClendon dmc.fedora at filteredperception.org
Mon Aug 13 06:06:18 UTC 2007

Tim Wood wrote:
> follow up since I've no urge to look like a newb in the bat-it-over the
> fence group on this list... what is Mayflower?  Link to let me RTFM is
> fine o'course...
>
> Tim

mayflower is functionally akin to mkinitrd, except that it makes
initramfss suitable for booting livecds, as opposed to booting normal
systems.  It is located in the livecd-tools rpm, and lives in
/usr/lib/livecd-tools/mayflower.  During livecd-creator, it gets copied
to the system being built, run in a chroot to create the initramfs,
which is then put in the livecds isolinux directory and used to boot it.

Query- Does anybody else think its time to create some sort of
mailinglist distinction between

a) livecd users
b) livecd-tools/revisor users
c) livecd-tools/revisor developers