[Fedora-livecd-list] Can't boot LiveCD Boot on MS Virtual Server 2005 R2

Douglas McClendon dmc.fedora at filteredperception.org
Mon Aug 13 19:14:14 UTC 2007

Jon Steer wrote:
> My LiveCD boot is hanging when booting from MS Virtual Server 2005 R2.
>
> F6 based LiveCD's worked fine.
>

> It hangs at
> Uncompressing Linux.. Ok, booting the kernel.
>
> Since the box is running on a Dell Dual Core box, I tried all the
> maxcpu suggestions but no joy.
>
> Any ideas? Any ideas on what I can enable to get some tracing?

Passing 'verbose' and not 'quiet' on the kernel command line will get
more info for debugging.  (press tab at isolinux boot choice screen,
which I assume should work from MSVS though I've never used MSVS myself).

If you've already tried that, the only other idea I have is that qemu
had a bug with large initramfss, though I can't really imagine that info
will help your situation in any way.

Regards,

-dmc