[Fedora-livecd-list] SRPMS for installed RPMs?

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Sun Aug 19 12:06:26 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 13:11:46 +0200
> Jeroen van Meeuwen <kanarip at kanarip.com> wrote:
>> Any thoughts on this?
>
> I'd like to talk to Chris Lumens and Jeremy Katz about the idea of a
> --source flag to the repo directive in pykickstart.  This could store
> some info in the repo object that could alert pykickstart consumers
> that the repo in question is designed for source and thus we can deal
> with it correctly when we want the source vs the binary/noarch.  This
> still requires the user creating the config specify that this repo is
> --source, but I don't think that this is too much to ask.

For composing tools with just kickstart configuration, I guess yum
plugins such as protectbase and fastestmirror are out-of-scope now,
would it be worth something to keep these in mind nonetheless?
(--protect?) Other directives such as includepkgs or exclude could
become worthwhile at some point, too.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip