[Fedora-livecd-list] SRPMS for installed RPMs?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sun Aug 19 12:23:09 UTC 2007

On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 14:06:26 +0200
Jeroen van Meeuwen <kanarip at kanarip.com> wrote:

> For composing tools with just kickstart configuration, I guess yum
> plugins such as protectbase and fastestmirror are out-of-scope now,
> would it be worth something to keep these in mind nonetheless?
> (--protect?) Other directives such as includepkgs or exclude could
> become worthwhile at some point, too.

Yes, there is value in extending the repo attributes in pykickstart.
I've discussed it some with Chris, at least the idea of --exclude and
--includepkgs and what they would actually mean in the grand scheme of
figuring out the package set.  He didn't seem greatly opposed, so long
as we keep the semantics clear.

As for plugins, that's a larger question to answer.  We may need a
plugin to accomplish multilib installs by default in say Fedora 9 as
we're discussing taking multilib resolution out of the hands of the
compose tools and putting it into the hands of the system actually
installing packages so that said system can define what multilib
strategy they wish to follow.  So if this goes through, there would be
some precedence for using yum plugins at install time.  How this would
be accomplished sanely and extendably I know not.  A conversation for
another day.

--
Jesse Keating