[Fedora-livecd-list] kernel panic, unable to load selinux policy

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at fedoraproject.org
Sun Aug 19 20:33:59 UTC 2007

Hello there,

As proposed on the -devel mailing list, I've started to work on a
livecd for "Fedora Electronic Lab". Hopefully, Jeremy's support still

with livecd-creator, I created a livecd with a kickstart file based on

The kickstart file for FEL is

I had a livecd of 741.6MB which I'll strip later on to less that 700Mb.

However, each time I created a livecd with this process:
livecd-creator --config=/home/chitlesh/livecd-fedora-electronic-lab.ks
               --repo=fedora7,file:///home/chitlesh/Public/Fedora7   \
               --repo=updates7,file:///home/chitlesh/Public/updates7 \

on booting the livecd it fails on:
Unable to load SELinux Policy. Machines is in enforcing mode. Halting now.
kernel panic:
see http://chitlesh.fedorapeople.org/FEL/panic.png

The diff of /usr/share/livecd-tools/livedvd-fedora-kde.ks and

I'm booting on vmware server and my mirrors:
fedora7 and updates7 are a rsync of the official mirrors, but the
repodata was created with :
createrepo comps/comps-f8.xml.in to ensure groups are considered.

What could be missing or done wrong in this process ?