[Fedora-livecd-list] SRPMS for installed RPMs?

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Mon Aug 20 14:51:54 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-08-18 at 20:09 -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 00:58:21 +0200
> Jeroen van Meeuwen <kanarip at kanarip.com> wrote:
>
> > Right so what I'm reading is that the code needs to forcibly disable
> > (not enable) source repositories initially then only enable them in
> > enable_source_repositories() or none of this works?
> >
> > That's a ticket ;-) [1]
>
> Yeah, sounds about right.  The trick is going to be figuring out what
> repos are source repos and which aren't, since they can be named
> anything (and keeping in mind that currently pykickstart just takes
> repo as an argument, it doesn't have the concept of a source-repo yet.
> Maybe an RFE?).

My first question would be "why does it matter?"  Why not just have more
repos listed and if you're doing something with sources, you deal with
the repos and have your arches set to src as opposed to "binary" arches.
Sure, it's more metadata, but at the end, you're going to end up
churning through it all anyway, so I don't know that it's that large of
a cost really

Jeremy