[Fedora-livecd-list] Revisor: Cannot setup installation target. Aborting.

Douglas McClendon dmc.fedora at filteredperception.org
Thu Aug 30 20:49:16 UTC 2007

Lars Bjørndal wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I still cannot manage to create a --live-optical CD with revisor.
> Yesterday, I downloaded and installed both revisor and livecd-tools
> from GIT.

I have next to no experience with revisor, but this is the second time
I've seen something like this on this list-

> [root at cd ~]# mount
> /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00 on / type ext3 (rw)
> /dev/loop0 on / type ext3 (rw)
>
> [root at cd ~]# losetup -a
> /dev/loop0: [fd00]:130579 (/var/tmp/revisor-livecd/data/os.img)

What is up with that?  ('/dev/loop0' mounted(???) on '/')

That would make me a bit anxious if I saw it on my system...  Or is it
just some weird chroot/mtab/fstab artifact causing the output of mount
to not actually reflect reality?

Mainly this goes to my fear of running something like livecd-creator as
root...  (even if the only other way involves virtualization and 10X
slowdown in performance)

-dmc