[Fedora-livecd-list] Live-cd request

Thomas Chung tchung at fedoraproject.org
Sun Feb 4 02:08:09 UTC 2007

On 2/3/07, Ahm ed <zrchrn at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey,
> I just want to say I have just seen screen shots of the f7t1 live-cd
> build, and I am impressed. I have the cd downloaded and I will be
> trying it shortly. I was wondering if there was any room on the
> official live-cd builds for including gcc, make, and kernel-devel.
> It's just that these are needed by some people to build drivers like
> madwifi, once they install. I understand Fedora doesn't support
> certain drivers due to them not being consistent with FOSS ideas and I
> agree with this, but I also feel we shouldn't make those people who
> have them suffer by having to "jump through hoops" to get, for
> example, wireless drivers working. It is very  difficult to manually
> resolve gcc dependencies.
>
> So please if it is at all possible, add the kernel-devel, gcc, and
> make packages. Thank you.

There is actually a configuration file for FC6 fedora-livecd-development[1].
If you're familiar with livecd tools, you can build one for yourself.
Otherewise, I can build it for you via LiveCD On-Demand Service[2]
Regards,

[1] http://fedoranews.org/tchung/livecd/fedora-livecd/
[2] https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-livecd-list/2007-January/msg00103.html

--