[Fedora-livecd-list] What happens if I partition from a live cd?

Leslie Vincent lvincent at dtcc.edu
Sun Feb 11 19:01:19 UTC 2007

I'm trying to modify some Linux labs for a class I'm teaching so that
students can work from home on their non-Linux system using the Fedora
6 Zod live CD on their Windows-based PCs.

One lab has them running fdisk to create a partition, though, and the
last thing I want is to have them do something that's going to mess up
their PCs.  Is there a way to have them play with running fdisk off the
live CD without it affecting their PC's actual hard drives?

I'd play with it myself but I'm at home and don't have access to a
system that I'm willing to rebuild if I mess up my own hard drive!

Thanks to anyone who can answer this.