[Fedora-livecd-list] general livecd questions

Luke K kiguin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 19:25:56 UTC 2007

I have some more questions:

- Can I create a x86 livecd on a 64-bit fedora system?

- Can I create a x86 livecd on a 64-bit machine running 32-bit fedora (what
I currently have)?

- Is there a way the livecd user can replicate the livecd without installing
it to disk?  The ability to self-replicate would add another way to spread
these.  (I'm not familiar with the technical issues, but if limited memory
was a problem perhaps the source and destination livecd's could be swapped
in and out repeatedly?  Or, would temporarily storing the image on a flash
drive help?  Perhaps there could be a choice at boot time to replicate the
CD?)

- Probably my most ignorant question: is it a security risk that the user
and root passwords are empty, ie. can someone take control of the machine if
you're connected to the net?

- What (if any) responsibility do I have to make source code available for
things on a livecd I create?  If the CD only has fedora-provided software?
If the CD has non-fedora GPL software?

thanks again,
Luke