[Fedora-livecd-list] patch, manifest changes

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Fri Feb 23 19:43:07 UTC 2007

> I've been playing to see how much more we can fit on the live
> CD for test 2.

Always the fun part (or not)

> First, I eliminated docs from the livecd with a patch to
> livecd-creator (attached).

Hmm... I'm not sure if we really want to do this unconditionally.  And
given that we later can install from the live CD, is removing the docs
something we really want to do?

> Then, I started adding and removing things. Based on Jeremy's
> test1 configs at  http://people.redhat.com/katzj/f7live/, I
> made the following changes:

Those bits are now at http://people.redhat.com/katzj/live/f7test1/ but a
symlink points there.  I've put up what I've used for a proto-test2 live
CD at http://people.redhat.com/katzj/live/f7test2pre (and I'll try and
keep that current)

> Added
> -----
> attr
> bind-utils
> gnome-screensaver
> pcmciautils
> termcap
> crontabs
> ppp
> rp-pppoe
> wvdial
> logrotate
> mdadm
> smolt
> nfs-utils
> readahead

These are all in my list

> rhgb

Not added because it's incredibly painful for a live CD right now...
and I keep hoping that we're going to get to kill rhgb before F7.
Although the chances of that seem to be dwindling :(

> gok
> gnome-backgrounds
> gnome-audio
> nautilus-sendto
> nautilus-sendto-bluetooth
> monkey-bubble
> gnome-blog

Didn't add any of these and I'm at ~ 15 megs to spare.  So some could
be, but probably not all of them without the --nodocs bits

> Removed
> -------
> emacs
> xchat-gnome

I took out xchat-gnome, emacs is still there.  It's probably worth
killing for some subset of the above too.

Jeremy