[Fedora-livecd-list] Bug? : Failed SElinux fixfiles causes generated liveCD unable to run in readwrite

Hikaru Amano kagesenshi.87 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 03:47:39 UTC 2007

I'm getting this error when creating a liveCD using livecd-tools

========
/sbin/setfiles:  labeling files under /
*********************matchpathcon_filespec_eval:  hash table stats:
17497 elements, 12838/65536 buckets used, longest chain length 5
/sbin/setfiles:  labeling files under /tmp
matchpathcon_filespec_eval:  hash table stats: 2 elements, 2/65536
buckets used, longest chain length 1
/sbin/setfiles:  labeling files under /home
matchpathcon_filespec_eval:  hash table stats: 1 elements, 1/65536
buckets used, longest chain length 1
/sbin/setfiles:  labeling files under /mnt/storage
/sbin/setfiles:  error while labeling files under /mnt/storage
========

and this error causes the generated livecd couldnt run as readwrite
... at first I thought it was caused by something else, but after
commenting out this line in livecd-creator , the problem gone ..

   #     os.system("/usr/sbin/chroot %s/install_root /sbin/fixfiles
restore"%(self.build_dir))

(yup i know i disabled it altogether) .. but I'm wondering what causes
SElinux to fail in the first place .. i didnt enable SElinux in the
box that generated the liveCD - is that what causes the error? or is
it something else ?... and why does the liveCD fails to run as
readwrite if the SElinux labeling failed ??..

regards
Hikaru
Mohd Izhar Firdaus Bin Ismail
Amano Hikaru