[Fedora-livecd-list] Change default keyboard layout in Gnome

Sebastian Vahl ml at deadbabylon.de
Tue Feb 27 12:58:46 UTC 2007

Hi.

Does anybody know how to change the default keyboard layout when
building a livecd? I`ve tried to change the value in
10-fedora-livecd-base.conf but that seems not to work:

        cat <<EOF > /etc/sysconfig/keyboard
KEYBOARDTYPE="pc"
KEYTABLE="de-latin1-nodeadkeys"

In Gnome the default layout is still "us" (I think).

Is there a gconf string that could do this? I
exspected /desktop/gnome/periphals/keyboard/kdb/layouts, but this is
normally empty (also on my normal fc6 box with german layout). Or I just
don't know how to put the right string in it.

Sebastian