[Fedora-livecd-list] livecd-creator complaining about older version of kernel rpm

William Cohen wcohen at redhat.com
Tue Feb 27 20:04:59 UTC 2007

Hi All,

I was attempting to make a livecd the required pieces of software for systemtap.
I was following the instructions on:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraLiveCD/LiveCDHowTo

Earlier I was successful in building a live CD. Given the amount of time
required to download stuff I was trying to use the existing CD as starting
point. The following command was run:

livecd-creator \
--repo=c6,http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/6/i386/os/ \
--repo=c6di,http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/6/i386/debug/ \
--repo=c6_upd,http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/6/i386/
\
--repo=c6_updi,http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/6/i386/debug/
\
--repo=lcd6,http://people.redhat.com/davidz/livecd/i386/ \
--repo=e6,http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/6/i386/ \
--package=fedora-livecd-gnome \
--package=kernel-debuginfo \
--package=systemtap \
--package=systemtap-runtime \
--package=elfutils-devel \
--package=elfutils \
--package=gcc \
--fslabel=Fedora-6-Zod-LiveCD-1-stap0 \
--base-on=/home/wcohen/Fedora-6-Zod-LiveCD-1-woot.iso

I saw the following error message during the process:

Transaction Check Error:
   package kernel-2.6.19-1.2911.fc6 (which is newer than
kernel-2.6.19-1.2895.fc6) is already installed

There are multiple kernel rpm in the updates directory. Shouldn't the older one
be ignored and no error occur?  Or is there something that is forcing it to be
pulled in? I am tryed adding the following option to the command line, but got
the same result:

--exclude-package=kernel-2.6.19-1.2895.fc6

The previously created Fedora-6-Zod-LiveCD-1-woot.iso has a 2.6.19-1.2911.fc6
kernel in it.

-Will