[Fedora-livecd-list] wireless and liveCD

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jan 2 18:30:11 UTC 2007

Tony Grant wrote:
> Le mardi 02 janvier 2007 à 13:16 -0500, David Zeuthen a écrit :
>
>> Perhaps it would be good if Fedora (and others) were better about having
>> a compatibility list of the good stuff to buy.
>
> I like that idea. Remembering when I first installed redhat 4.2 I read
> the hardware compatibility list several times. Oh! The first time I
> installed was in a VirtualPC on a MacBook G3 5300... =:-D
>
> A list of WiFi cards known to work with FC7 in a _prominent_ place on
> the Fedora site would be a real good idea.

Yes. absolutely. Mike McGrath, our infrastructure team super hero is
working on a hardware profiler based on new RHEL 5 rhn-client tools (It
used to be based on kudzu but kudzu is deprecated and it is now based on
lshal). We are likely to include in the next release (which wont be
called FC7 btw since we intend to merge core and extras and do multiple
release spins as described in http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Core/Schedule).

See http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MikeMcGrath/HardwareProfiler. This has
several benefits. We would be able to collect very detailed information
what stuff works and importantly what doesnt and which hardware is more
popular so that we can prioritize that on QA etc.

Rahul