[Fedora-livecd-list] Failed to create LiveCD

David Zeuthen davidz at redhat.com
Tue Jan 9 01:24:59 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-08 at 20:09 -0500, Adam Dutko wrote:
>      I seem to be hovering around 11-12M free.  I have a total of
> 756MB physical ram but some is shared with the graphics card.

Should be fine, assuming you've got enough swap space. I actually have
no idea how much memory is used in the creation process.

> /dev/mapper/VG_00-LV_004
>                       1.9G  591M  1.3G  33% /var

That's the problem. The livecd-creator tools uses a temporary directory
in /var/tmp/livecd-creator/build-<random> so you need at least 3GB free
disk space in /var. One way to get out of this mess is to add more disk
space to your system and symlink /var/tmp/livecd-creator into that.

(Your partitioning scheme is weird. Personally, I always just have / as
a single file system such as not to run into issues like these. YMMV.)

Oh.. If anyone got a patch for checking there is enough free disk space
in /var/tmp/livecd-creator please come forward. It would be nice to bail
out with a nice error message.

     David