[Fedora-livecd-list] Revisor is looking for busybox

Jonathan Steffan jonathansteffan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 00:57:47 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-07-01 at 16:17 -0600, Tim Wood wrote:
> When I ran yum update revisor, no luck,

This is due to the update sitting in the signing que. It should be
signed and pushed out to the mirrors sometime here soon.

For future reference, you can download Revisor builds directly from Koji
(if you don't want to wait for us to approve the builds for public
consumption):

http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=4446

> but I was able to download the
> latest off of download.fedora.redhat.com/.../development/... and it seems
> to be happily working.
>
> Once I can generate one via the defaults I'm going to (scary) try one off
> of the repository I'm running here.  Should I add some or all of the
> development rpms to my repository?

No. The issue is that we were shipping default configs that only pointed
at the "Fedora" repo, which only has the bits that were shipped on the
DVD. We currently list "busybox" as a required package. Make sure you
have busybox in the repo you point Revisor to.

> > Tim Wood wrote:
> >> I've (finally) been trying to build a live cd.  I've been trying to use
> >> Revisor.

;-)

>   After I sorted out some issues so that Fedora played nice with
> >> my repository, Revisor runs and gets to the point where it's trying to
> >> build the cd.  And it complains that busybox is a required package.  My
> >> repository has busybox-anaconda.  I look at the os and all portions of
> >> one
> >> of the official Fedora 7 repositories and I see the same thing:
> >> busybox-anaconda and no busybox.  Does anyone know how to resolve this?
> >>

> > Hi Tim,
> >
> > busybox is in the Everything repository. The default configs of the
> > version of Revisor you run may be pointing to the Fedora repository,
> > holding just the packages that came with the released DVD.
> >
> > Later versions of Revisor have this fixed.

What version are you using? (rpm -q revisor) 2.0.4.0 is the latest.

Jonathan Steffan
daMaestro