[Fedora-livecd-list] How to compile c programs in fedora 7 KDE?

Andrew Smith asmith11 at cox.net
Wed Jul 4 07:33:06 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
>> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>>>>
>>> No, the live cd by default does not have any compiler. If you have
>>> enough ram you can yum install gcc and related packages. It might be
>>> slow to do compilations on a live cd.  Why do you want to compile
>>> packages in a live cd?
>>>
>>> Rahul
>>>

>> It doesn't really matter why he wants it, he can create a LiveCD or DVD
>> himself using the livecd-tools kickstart files and the package
>> customization stage in Revisor:
>
> Sure he can but it is does matter why some things are being done and
> it is useful to understand what users are doing to see if there is
> anything that can be made easier.
>
> Rahul
>
> --

Along those lines, we are using the LiveCD tools to develop customized
application releases.  We have a Live Runtime and a Live Development
build and the Development build includes compilers, debuggers,
profilers, etc...  This is tremendously useful for troubleshooting and
debugging our application.  Obviously compiled changes won't stick
around after a reboot but we still find the ability to compile extremely
useful to our overall process.

Varoon:  you can probably get the compilers you need with a command like:

yum -y install gcc gcc-c++

This of course assumes you are connected to the internet.

Good luck,

-Andy