[Fedora-livecd-list] livecd install usage case, was Re: How to compile c programs in fedora 7 KDE?

Jane Dogalt jdogalt at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 3 20:40:14 UTC 2007

--- Jeroen van Meeuwen <kanarip at kanarip.com> wrote:

> Jane Dogalt wrote:
> > I guess what I really want is this-
> >
> > yum spinlist
> >
> > which would return things like
> >
> > Fedora-LiveCD-Desktop
> > Fedora-LiveCD-KDE
> > Fedora-LiveDVD-Desktop
> > Fedora-LiveDVD-KDE
> >
> > And then, having run this on a system that was installed from the
> > Fedora-LiveCD-Desktop, I would run
> >
> > yum spininstall Fedora-LiveDVD-Desktop
> >
> > which would in one brainless fell swoop get me all the things that
> you
> > smart fedora folks decided to package on a DVD which didn't have
> the
> > storage limitations of the CD I downloaded (because it was smaller,
> > more compatable with more systems, etc...)
> >
> > (and yes, clearly this could all be done within the yum group
> > framework...)
> >
> > -dmc/jdog
> >

> We've tried it to make it as simple as it gets with Revisor. Any
> troubles with that, and you can come knocking on our door.

I don't think we're on the same page here.  The usage case I'm talking
about has nothing to do with a user making a custom spin.  (and I
assume thats entirely what revisor is about).

My usage case involves a user installing a standard LiveCD spin, but
wanting - with the least effort possible - to upgrade that installed
system to the the package list of a similar, but not space-constrained
_official_ spin.

Let me know if I'm confused, and if revisor is also about revising
installed systems.

-dmc/jdog