[Fedora-livecd-list] Revisor stalls while downloading packages

Tim Wood tim.wood at datawranglers.com
Wed Jul 4 13:35:14 UTC 2007

Last night I started running Revisor.  I thought I'd finally gotten all
the config files convinced to play nice.  I'm using a repository that
existing on another machine on the same network.  I haven't tested this
repository extensively (it's a replacement for a machine that died), but
have used it to do a couple of recent installs/updates on 1 machine and
everything seems to work properly.

It got to the "Building your media" screen, went through checking
dependencies and then sat there on downloading packages.  I check it with
ps and it was taking 10+% CPU and 23% Memory.  This morning, it's still in
the same stage (downloading media) and the task progress bar has not
moved.  CPU usage has dropped to 1%.  What I'm assuming is the cache log
(/var/tmp/revisorrevisor-yum.log) is empty.  The cache directory
(/var/tmp/revisor-yumcache) has been created and there's a subdirectory
for each of the entries that were on the repo screen (development, fedora,
updates) and each has various items including an empty packages directory.
 The log (/var/log/revisor.log) ends with a copy of the warning I received
about /srv/revisor already existing (from a previous failed run).

Any suggestions on troubleshooting this?  Maybe rip Revisor out and beat
it with a baseball bat?