[Fedora-livecd-list] Revisor stalls while downloading packages

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Thu Jul 5 22:56:06 UTC 2007

Tim Wood wrote:
> [snip]
>>> A live cd.
>>>
> [snip]
>>> I've attached the three I've modified.  sw-gateway-ks-0.0.1.cfg is my
>>> kickstart.  The 192.168... address is my local repository

> [snip]
>> I'm concerned with that, as Revisor (or actually the yum object Revisor
>> creates for doing dependency resolving and downloading packages),
>> really, really depends on good repositories. I see there's a disc1/
>> directory which I can only hope is not the DVD of what the Fedora
>> Project released, rather then the Everything tree.
>
> I repointed that to RPMS.os.  All of a sudden I'm getting a 'no groups'
> error right before resolving dependencies.  But, it's downloading
> packages.  What's the problem with the install DVD?

Nothing in particular actually. But as it showed 'disc1' and no other
discs being released I was confused with what exactly was in that
repository ;-).

The no groups error usually comes from lacking comps.xml in the
repository metadata. Revisor uses that comps to create the list of
Categories and Groups during package selection.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip