[Fedora-livecd-list] rebootless installer - doh!

Douglas McClendon dmc.fedora at filteredperception.org
Tue Jul 10 08:48:31 UTC 2007

Well...  Now that I understand dm-mirror (somewhat at least), it appears the
patch to livecd-tools to support rebootless installation is 0 lines long.  Hmm...

Of course if it actually works, I'm still baffled as to why I haven't seen it as
an advertised feature anywhere?  Anybody care to hit me with the _metaphorical_
cluebat?

Although by my understanding, you still would need to introduce a dm layer for
the overlay file to support live-migration to usb-flash.  Although maybe I'm
just missing something obvious there as well... ?

Also, if pvmove can work for this, somebody please let me know.  I just don't
have enough experience with lvm power usage to know if it is possible (it seems
like from what I've read, pvmove is only good for devices which have been
pvcreated, but quite possibly my understanding is incomplete).

-dmc