[Fedora-livecd-list] RFC- improving livecd installer efficiency

Douglas McClendon dmc.fedora at filteredperception.org
Wed Jul 11 06:39:26 UTC 2007

Douglas McClendon wrote:
> Russ,
>
> If you are referring to the /usr/bin/livecd-iso-to-disk tool, then
> the problem I described is not the culprit.  If however you are talking
> about the 'install to harddrive' feature run from within the
> fedora-7-livecd
> environment, then yes, that would be affecting you.

To correct and clarify myself-

If you have hacked/patched livecd-iso-to-disk to support something like the
output of livecd-tools --uncompressed, then theoretically a similar issue might
come into play.  (but unless you know for sure that is the case, it's not the case).

Also, the issue is still valid for the case of running livecd-iso-to-disk to
move a livecd iso onto a usb flash stick, and _then_ booting a live environment
from that flash, and _then_ installing to some _other_ disk using the anaconda
live install to harddrive feature.  I.e. it comes into play only in that last
step, when installing fedora-7 from a live booted environment (cd or usb-flash)
to hard disk.

-dmc