[Fedora-livecd-list] how do I install a local rpm

Patrice Guay patrice.guay at nanotechnologies.qc.ca
Tue Jul 17 23:19:11 UTC 2007

Lane Brooks wrote:
>>> I have a few local rpm files that are not part of a yum repo that I
>>> would like to install on my live cd.  What is the recommended way to
>>> do that?
>>>
>> If you are using the livecd-creator script, use the "--shell" switch. It
>> will let you customize your live CD.
>>
> How do I make the rpms visible to the livecd-creator shell though?
> livecd-creator does a chroot and I do not know how to make the rpms
> visible since they are sitting on my local drive.

You can put the rpms on a server and fetch the files with wget or scp.
You can also put the files on a removable media (CD-ROM, usb key, floppy
disk). This option will require much effort since you will have to mount
the media inside the chroot environment before getting access to the files.

--
Patrice