[Fedora-livecd-list] How to save to USB/Disk with FC6 LiveCd setup..

Jon Steer jsteer at bitscout.com
Sat Jul 21 21:09:22 UTC 2007

Hi,

 I attempted to use isotostick.sh from the .8 F7 release.

 What I found was that it failed in this step. And any step that
expected isolinux.cfg

cp $CDMNT/isolinux/* $USBMNT/$SYSLINUXPATH

sed -i -e "s/CDLABEL=[^ ]*/$USBLABEL/" -e "s/rootfstype=[^
]*/rootfstype=$USBFS/" $USBMNT/$SYSLINUXPATH/isolinux.cfg

mv $USBMNT/$SYSLINUXPATH/isolinux.cfg $USBM $SYSLINUXPATH/syslinux.cfg

The ISO I created did not have isolinux on it.

I saw the note about using a later version of syslinux on the box, but
I'm not sure whether that is supposed to be on the ISO image? or on
the system creating the USB key?

thanks,
jon

On 7/19/07, Douglas McClendon <dmc.fedora at filteredperception.org> wrote:
> Jon Steer wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am constrained to building liveCD's with the FC6 liveCD toolset right
> > now.
> >
> > I have been searching through the archives for the scripts that will
> > allow me to either save a FC6-based liveCD to disk or to USB.
>

> I can't imagine why livecd-iso-to-disk wouldn't work for putting a
> livecd-creator based iso to disk (and livecd-creator did work in the fc6
> timeframe...  though I never actually used it myself).
>
> I.e. I don't think anything has happened with livecd-creator since fc6 that
> would cause the current version of livecd-iso-to-disk not to work.  But if you
> try and it doesn't, post your experiment results and maybe something will come
> to mind.
>
> peace...
>
> -dmc
>

> > Did those ever exist? or did those tools only exist for F7?
> >
> > thanks,
> > jon
> >

> --

"Whereever you go, there you are"