[Fedora-livecd-list] FC6 Customization - 1st steps

Isamar Maia isamar at gmail.com
Mon May 7 03:17:25 UTC 2007

Hi Folks,

I am familiar with installation CD customization for FC3(genhdlist's times).
And now, I am just starting with FC6.

Now, I am just trying to remove some package and add another one
under Fedora/RPMS folder.

I did that already playing also with ks.cfg and "createrepo -g
../../base/comps.xml ." into
the RPMs directory.

Some doubts:

1) How do I check all the rpm packages dependencies of what I added
and removed in the RPMS folder ?
2) Everytime I change the RPMs folder's content, should I rerun
"createrepo -g" ?
3) Based on  regular installation from the original FC6 DVD I changed
the bottom of my ks.cfg to:
%packages
@base-x
@gnome-desktop
@brazilian-support
@portuguese-suporte
comps-extras

Now, during the installation, anaconda is complaining that cannot
found "comps-extras". Also /mnt/source directory is not being
successfully mounted.

Any clue?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Isamar