Resp.: [Fedora-livecd-list] I urgently need your help in Fedora LiveCD.

Douglas McClendon dmc.fedora at filteredperception.org
Mon Nov 5 22:55:38 UTC 2007

Thiago Braga Santana wrote:

> Is there any way to circumvent the problem of "not for
> release on disk space by removing files created in
> runtime of Fedora Live"?

AFAIK the short answer is basically no.

If the location of the files you are going to be creating and deleting
is well known, you could create a tmpfs or some other filesystem, and
have things happen there.  (perhaps bindmounting the tmpfs somewhere).

Alternately, the more traditional unionfs livecd mechanism does not have
this problem (but there are other tradeoffs/pros/cons).  But that is not
currently supported by fedora, as unionfs is not part of fedora.

-dmc