[Fedora-livecd-list] unable to create install cd

Greg Haygood ghaygood at wikidsystems.com
Wed Nov 21 23:04:03 UTC 2007

Hi, all - I've been struggling for a couple weeks now to be build a valid
install CD set using revisor, but keep running into the same error.  I'm
building under F7, trying to build either a CentOS5- or Fedora7-based
image.  LiveCDs build and work fine, but the install CDs always faill at the
same point.  I'm using kickstart, but it happens even if I use the regular
boot option.  The blue screen for anaconda will popup, then I'll get:

Running anaconda, the <image> system installer - please wait ...
exec of anaconda failed: No such file or directory
install exited abnormally [1/1]
sending termination signals...done
(parition unmounting...)
you may safely reboot your system

Googling for that exec error suggests that it's a package problem, but (as
suggested by one post) even when I bloat up the manifest with every possible
anaconda dependency, the error still occurs.  It also happens with the stock
configs that come with revisor, so it doesn't seem like anything I could've
munged.

This has been happening for a few weeks now, and still with the
2.0.5-10from rawhide.

Anyone have any suggestions for what is going on?  Thanks in advance.

--
Greg Haygood
ghaygood at wikidsystems.com