[Fedora-livecd-list] More on MBR Problem

Tim Wood tim.wood at datawranglers.com
Tue Oct 2 16:24:50 UTC 2007

Following up on my email from yesterday...

The error (if that wasn't clear in my previous email) was: The MBR
doesn't contain valid bootstrap code.  The rest of the VMWare error
message is somewhere between useless and misleadingly inaccurate.
The CIFS (samba) error I saw happens when the samba share with the
kickstart is mounted so I doubt it's related.

Since there hasn't been an entry in the yum log for almost two weeks,
I don't think the problem is a screwy package causing issues.  I
can't see anything else in any of the other logs.  I suspect setting
up a new machine with Fedora 8 will be a way to deal with the issue.
BUT, that doesn't solve the problem.  Next time it occurs, I'll be
back to solving problems windows tech support style.

Besides going to Fedora 8, does anyone have any suggestions on
running this down?