[Fedora-livecd-list] missing filetypes for 2 files on LiveCD

Tim Wood tim.wood at datawranglers.com
Mon Oct 15 16:46:56 UTC 2007

+1

FWIW, some LiveCDs have an index.htm or index.html file in the root
of the cdrom that holds the readme and links to an html version of
the GPL, etc.  Going off memory, there's an autorun dot something
file in the root of many windows cds that is used to automatically
open such creatures when they're inserted in a windows box.  Knoppix
uses this to give info about the cd, links to the project and give a
soft sell on the product.  Pretty cool, low effort promotional tactic
IMHO.  I believe there's something similar for OS X, and (if anyone
decides to take this approach), I've got a MacBook Pro, so I could
dig up and test the comparable widgit for that OS.  Heck... I could
do the same thing with XP...

Tim