[Fedora-livecd-list] A couple of cleanup patches

Douglas McClendon dmc.fedora at filteredperception.org
Mon Sep 3 23:07:11 UTC 2007

Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> Hi,
> 	I've had these lying around for a while and had forgot to post them
> here. They apply against:
>
>   commit 4bdfd71879a7634c6417d9905aa5118416d2eba0
>   Author: Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com>
>   Date:   Fri Aug 31 12:41:27 2007 -0400
>
>   check for isomd5sum early enough
>
> 	First patch just removes and unused parameter.
>
> 	Second patch refactors the resize2fs stuff so that it is substantially
> easier to understand - e.g. trying to grok the binary search in
> resize2fsToMinimal() is a lot easier than the original version in
> cleanupDeleted() ...

I took a visual look at this, and it seems good to me.  The only thing I
would add, is that you could use dumpe2fs to implicitly get the initial
block count for resize2fsToMinimal, instead of passing it as an argument.

Which incidentally would be code that could be copied to anaconda for
turboLiveInst :)

-dmc