[Fedora-livecd-list] booting recent livecd images

Alexandre Magaz Graça alexm at asic.udl.cat
Tue Sep 4 13:13:16 UTC 2007

En/na Colin Walters ha escrit:
> Hey,
>
> Just wondering if anyone else was able to boot ISOs generated by
> livecd-creator recently?  First off, when I try to use qemu-kvm, I get
> random hangs during the bootup process (in different places; last message
> might be SCSI or TCP congestion algorithm, etc).
>
> So, I use "qemu".  The images I'm generating fail to find the root
> filesystem (screenshot attached).
>
> I'm building them on Fedora 7, git head livecd-tools.  This used to work, so
> something regressed recently, and I have no idea what =)  How would one go
> about debugging this?

Hi,
I also have the same problem. It seems that the ATA modules are not
included in the image, so the CD device doesn't gets created. Reverting
changes from commit 098ffcd52ea37d10e91265f9909380367dbf6d83 solves the
problem for me.

After looking at mayflower code, I think there is a bug. I've not tryed
yet, but the attached patch should fix mayflower to add the ATA modules.

Cheers,
Alex