[Fedora-livecd-list] Anaconda settings for LiveCD install

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Tue Sep 4 14:02:26 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-09-03 at 14:41 -0400, Jon Steer wrote:
> I am creating a LAMP console-based livecd distro.
>
> Since this is console based, I have run the problem where anaconda
> assumes that the liveinst install will be X-based.

liveinst itself shouldn't really be assuming that; it's not passing
--graphical to anaconda and so anaconda should determine it based on
whether or not DISPLAY is set.

> I originally thought I'd solve the problem by setting up a kickstart
> file. Perhaps my kickstart wasn't         complete, but, my results
> were that the kickstart was processed but no livecd install occurred.

What command line arguments did you pass to anaconda?

> Looking further in anaconda (livecd.py) I found this piece of hardcoding
>
> anaconda.id.bootloader.args.append("rhgb quiet")
> anaconda.id.desktop.setDefaultRunLevel(5)
>
> Not being python-speaking folk, I don't know whether there is a
> parameter I can hang around this to take away rhgb and runlevel 5 when
> X isn't being installed.

If you file an anaconda bug (mostly so I don't forget as I likely will
by the time I finish getting through email :-), I can make this be a
little bit smarter like the other install backends.  As I think I
previously mentioned here, there probably are a few shortcuts like that
based mostly on the "it's what was tested on the normal path".  Fixing
them up should be pretty easy as they're noticed

Jeremy