[Fedora-livecd-list] Re: Debug options

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Fri Sep 7 14:18:06 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-07 at 10:16 +0100, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-09-05 at 17:49 -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> > As has probably been noticed, there are a lot fewer
> > options now, and a good chunk are marked as "for debugging/development
> > use only" with comments.
>
> 	One option that I'm missing at the moment is the "--repo" option.
>
> 	I know the syntax sucked, and you couldn't specify a mirror list, but I
> found it useful where you have default URLs of the repos in the
> kickstart file but you expect most users to have a more local mirror of
> those repos. Allowing them to just override on the command line is much
> nicer than requiring them to edit the kickstart file.

So my biggest problem with the repo option wasn't really the syntax, but
more the impact on having reproducible configs.  If your image is
created using an arbitrary new set of repos specified on the command
line, that makes it harder to pass out the configs for other people to
build on top of your images.

But I can see where having an override to point at a local location for
a repo can be helpful.  I can see two ways of doing it

1) Make another repo command with the same repo id just override the
repo rather than spit an error.  This would then mean you could have
my-local-ks.cfg with a %include of the base config and then a repo line
pointing to your local repo

2) A --repo-override that overrides a given repo id using similar syntax
to the old --repo option

Jeremy