[Fedora-livecd-list] Re: Debug options

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Fri Sep 7 14:36:45 UTC 2007

> On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 10:18:06 -0400
> Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > So my biggest problem with the repo option wasn't really the syntax,
> > but more the impact on having reproducible configs.  If your image is
> > created using an arbitrary new set of repos specified on the command
> > line, that makes it harder to pass out the configs for other people to
> > build on top of your images.
>
> Another hard thing about --repo lines is how do you express things like
> excludes or includes from that repo, or eventually the cost of that
> repo for the sake of download choice?

That's why I'd only be up for doing it as an explicit "override the URL
for this repo" and not any of the more general pieces.  Then all of the
other stuff has to be in the config, you're just saying "hey, for fedora
development, I have something that's a lot easier to get at located at
file:///home/katzj/rawhide/i386"

Jeremy