[Fedora-livecd-list] Fedora 7 in 1GB USB with RW capabilities for Configuration.

Douglas McClendon dmc.fedora at filteredperception.org
Sun Sep 9 19:48:01 UTC 2007

Dino Lopez wrote:
> I follow the Article at:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraLiveCD/USBHowTo
> Great job by the way, and got my 1GB USB booting the
> Live Version of Fedora 7. This is after see some of
> the guys at the linux meeting in Huntsville, AL
> running Ubuntu in a similar way.
>
> After add my own user and tweak the network and some
> minor changes and add on rpm's noticed on my next
> reboot the fact that the changes did not got saved.
>
> Last night talking about the subject, a friend told me
> he can save his data with Ubuntu and find out there is
> a way:
>
> "According to official web page you need to use
> casper-rw lable instead of casper-cow."
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LiveUsbPendrivePersistent
>
> I wonder if you have some ideas on how to get this
> done, I'm a RedHat Junkie, and don't like the idea to
> switch to another distro.

This has been discussed quite a bit, and some code does exist.  Search
the archives of this list for 'peristence'.  But its really not ready
for prime time yet.

It's somewhat unclear at the moment what will actually be in F8.
(*cough* *cough* not yet an official proposed feature with a wiki url I
could refer Dino Lopez to *cough* *cough*)

-dmc