[Fedora-livecd-list] RFC- proposal for livecd filesystem layout changes

Tim Wood tim.wood at datawranglers.com
Fri Sep 21 00:10:10 UTC 2007

I just wrote a basic select a scsi or ata device bash script in
zenity.  I added /dev/live.  Nothing fancy but it should save you a
few minutes.

Tim Wood

TITLE="Set Backup Drive"
MESSAGE="Select a drive to use for backups"
FLAGS="--list --radiolist --column Pick --column Device"

devices=`cd /dev/;ls hd*;ls sd*; ls live`

CHOICES=""
PICK="True"
for device in $devices; do
   CHOICES="$CHOICES $PICK $device"
   PICK="False"
done

COMMAND="zenity --title \"$TITLE\" --text \"$MESSAGE\" $FLAGS $CHOICES"
echo $COMMAND

DEVICE=$(zenity --title "$TITLE" --text "$MESSAGE" $FLAGS $CHOICES)