[Fedora-livecd-list] Bootloader --append option support?

Michael Prisant michael.prisant at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 16:51:43 UTC 2008

This is probably obvious but insofar as the livecd toolset is used to
produce a pxe booted image (as with the stock livecd-iso-to-pxeboot script
or a hacked variant), the relevant serial console options can be appended to
the  append line  in the relevant stanza of the pxeboot file.  For example
here is an excerpted stanza from the "default" file in my
/var/lib/tftpboot/linux-install/pxelinux.cfg directory:

LABEL pxelive
  KERNEL vmlinuz0
  APPEND initrd=initrd0.img,iso.cpio.gz root=/livecd.iso rootfstype=iso9660
rootflags=loop selinux=0 console=ttyS0,57600n8

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 12:35 PM, Alan Pevec <apevec at redhat.com> wrote:

> Bryan Kearney wrote:
>
>> I am seeing the append flag being used by the appliance creator. Any
>> reason to (1) not use appliance creator or (2) ignore this in livecd tools?
>>

> ad (1) oVirt Node image is normal livecd image, while appliance-creator
> produces disk image
> ad (2) this clearly a livecd-tools bug which needs to be fixed
>

> --

Michael G. Prisant,
Durham, NC