[Fedora-livecd-list] Problems building RHEL5 Live CD on F9

Wayne Busuttil busuttil at redhat.com
Thu Aug 14 09:40:14 UTC 2008

Hi

I am trying to build a Live CD of RHEL5. I prefer to build a 5.2 Client
on i386, but so far only have the media for 5.1 Client on x86_64, so
have tried building for that (5.2 Client on i386 still downloading :) ).
I'm using F9 on x86_64 to build this.

I'm having problems though - the image builds, but upon attempting to
boot it, the grub screen appears and only contains "Boot from local
drive". Hitting return fails to get me any further. I've tried this by
running the ISO as a virtual CD in a KVM guest (in which case I get the
error "FATAL: INT18: BOOT FAILURE"), and also using livecd-iso-to-disk
to put the image onto a USB pen and attempting boot it on another system
(in which case the boot gets no further, but no error).

Has anyone seen this before? I can provide a copy of the ks file I am
using, along with a transcript of the build process. Any suggestions
here would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Wayne

--