[Fedora-livecd-list] Use of lokkit in livecd-builder

Bryan Kearney bkearney at redhat.com
Thu Aug 28 12:44:45 UTC 2008

The F9 version of livecd-tools usese /usr/sbin/lokkit to enable and
disable the firewall. There is a FIXME near it to suport the rest of the
options which lokkit takes. The current implementation executes this in
the chroot environment, so forces several packages to be deployed into
the image when it is built. Since I would be curious in reducing the
package set for the images which are built, I am curious if there are
plans around any of the following:

1) Remove the use of lokkit and instead directly manipulate the files
(or perhaps use augeas).
2) Look to break up system-config-firewall-tui so that lokkit is a
separate package with less dependencies.

Thanks!

-- bk