[Fedora-livecd-list] live fedora 8 cd - login: no shell: Permission denied

Tim Wood tim.wood at datawranglers.com
Sun Feb 3 04:10:55 UTC 2008

FWIW... be very careful when doing what I just suggested.  And, just in
case, do the following (just in case).  Open a terminal window.  su (to
root).  make a backup of /etc/password somewhere else.  Leave that
window open.  Open a new terminal window and build your LiveCD.  Then,
if the kickstart causes your system (rather than the livecd's)
/etc/password to be overwritten, you'll still have a root window open
and you _should_ be able to copy back the backup.  At a worst case
scenario, you can boot off of a livecd and restore the backup of
/etc/password.

Tim Wood