[Fedora-livecd-list] Making content available on both sides of the live CD

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at creativecommons.org
Tue Feb 5 02:10:26 UTC 2008

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, Jeremy Katz wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-02-04 at 17:45 -0800, Asheesh Laroia wrote:
>> On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, Asheesh Laroia wrote:
>>> Hmm - my live DVD I built doesn't have the CD system mounted at
>>> /mnt/live. Let me download an official Fedora 8 live disc and check
>>> that....
>>
>> Problem found - we don't include the Fedora /etc/rc.d/init.d/fedora-live
>> in our disc.  Fixing now. (-:
>
> Yep, that'd do it.  Note to self: need to work on getting the main parts
> of that integrated into regular initscripts rather than hanging out off
> by themselves

Turns out we had forked it into a separate file (which we put in our
customization RPM...) and commented out the mounting of /mnt/live.
(Fixed in our RPM!)

Anyway, off-topic question: Do people have a suggestion for how to
auto-generate the thumbnails for Nautilus before the live CD runs.  That
way, Nautilus will have pre-generated thumbnails for the images and
movies.  That will look nice, plus avoid a TERRIBLE I/O storm caused by
Nautilus opening these folders and saying, "Oh, I'll make thumbnails now."

I'd like to script this process, like:

$ wget http://example.com/lotsa-images.zip
$ unzip lotsa-images.zip
$ magically_create_thumbnails

and put the resulting directory into the ISO.

-- Asheesh.

--
Shedenhelm's Law:
 	All trails have more uphill sections than they have downhill sections.