[Fedora-livecd-list] liveinst failing on images made with livecd-creator

Brian Varney bvarney at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 16:52:13 UTC 2008

I'm still having the same problem.  I haven't been able to get liveinst to
work on any livecd that I create.  It never finished the "performing
post-installation filesystem changes" step.  Eventually, I'll break out of
this and find out what actually got put on the hard drive.  Everything got
copied to the "/" partition just fine.  The "/boot" partition only contains
a grub directory with "splash.xpm.gz" file in it.  The kernel and initrd are
not in there.

The LiveCd uses an ext3 filesystem and I'm choosing an ext3 filesystem in
the liveinst.

I've watched top and ps,  and the last thing I see is ext2resize run.  It
appears that the problem is something anaconda does after this?

Is there a way to get some debug information out of anaconda?