[Fedora-livecd-list] cachedir conflict... bug?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Feb 19 21:51:51 UTC 2008

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 15:09:54 -0500
Warren Togami <wtogami at redhat.com> wrote:

> What do you use to expire the metadata?  That sounds very useful.  I
> would like to keep a single cachedir mainly for the RPMS and not
> necessarily the metadata.

I use a yum call to clean the metadata and sqlite data.

        self.ayum.cleanMetadata() # clean metadata that might be in the cache from previous runs
        self.ayum.cleanSqlite() # clean metadata that might be in the cache from previous runs

Some things to consider, don't allow multiple runs of livecd-creator to
use the same cache at the same time.  This could be... interesting.  So
a locking system is needed.  I don't actually have a locking system in
pungi yet, I've been playing fast and loose with it.

--
Jesse Keating